At El Camino Hospital, our Dual-Diagnosis Program offers:
- Experienced mental health professionals who are specially trained in psychiatric care and addiction treatment.
- Psychiatric evaluation, including medication management.
- Individual, group and family counseling, including a multifamily group one evening a week.
- Weekly substance-use disorder and chemical dependency support groups.
Program staff includes psychiatrists, clinical nurse specialists, registered nurses, marriage and family therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists and registered addiction specialists. The team has extensive experience in providing personalized treatment to meet the needs of each person.
How the Program Works
Similar to the Partial Hospitalization Program, you’ll attend Dual-Diagnosis Care Program components based on your individual needs.
Partial Hospitalization Program
- Six hours of treatment a day, five days a week, Monday through Friday.
- Length of treatment varies depending on medical necessity, but the average length is 15 days.
Intensive Outpatient Program
- Up to three hours a day, five days a week, Monday through Friday.
- Six to 12 sessions, depending on individual needs.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mental Health Assessment
Find out if this program is right for you or someone you know. Call 866-789-6089 to schedule a free, confidential assessment.
Insurance & Fees
Most insurance plans, including Medicare, cover the Dual-Diagnosis Program. Psychiatrist fees are separate from hospital program fees. Visit patient services for more information.