We're equipped to manage injuries and illnesses that range from minor to life threatening. Our doctors and emergency care clinicians are specially trained to provide fast, expert care.
When to Get Emergency Care
Do you know when to seek emergency care? Most people know to get emergency care for chest pain or a broken bone, but many other injuries or illness also call for immediate medical attention. See our emergency checklist for a comprehensive list of conditions that require emergency treatment.
If you are the person in need of emergency care, don't attempt to drive yourself to the hospital - find a ride or call an ambulance.
If the emergency is life-threatening, call 911 immediately.
Prompt, Thorough and Advanced Care
Your comfort and well-being are our top priority. We make every effort to provide the highest level of care with minimal wait times. Our emergency care team works closely with all members of the El Camino Hospital medical staff to provide prompt, efficient care using the latest technology.
- Sophisticated diagnostic technology. Our advanced imaging center provides the latest tools for diagnosing conditions and planning treatment.
- Heart attack care expertise. Our expert care has earned our Mountain View campus Chest Pain Center accreditation. In addition, we're recognized by the American Heart Association and the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for our expertise in treating the most urgent kind of heart attack - an ST segment elevated myocardial infarction (STEMI), which involves a complete blockage of a blood vessel to the heart.
- National recognition for stroke care. El Camino Hospital received the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for stroke care, which indicates that we meet or exceed national standards for stroke treatment.
- Crisis intervention. As part of our commitment to offering top-quality care, the emergency department works closely with mental health services on our Mountain View campus to provide psychiatric crisis intervention and an acute inpatient program.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Los Gatos: 408-866-4040
Contact a Program Coordinator
Do you have additional questions? Speak with a registered nurse who oversees our orthopedic programs:
- Los Gatos 408-866-3982
- Mountain View 650-962-4914
Program coordinators do not schedule appointments. To schedule an appointment, please contact your physician directly.
Tools & Resources
Get directions or view the current average wait times for emergency care at El Camino Hospital.