So we’ve created a personal and confidential environment designed to encourage the discussion of men’s most sensitive health issues — issues that are often more complex than you realize.Your body is an intricate system of interdependent functions. One condition may actually be a symptom of another, underlying, disorder. For example, erectile dysfunction often signals a problem in the heart and vascular system requiring the attention of a cardiologist, a urologist and perhaps other specialists as well.
That’s why our approach concerns itself with the big picture of your health. At El Camino Hospital, care is personalized, and goes more broadly and deeply into men’s health than most such programs. Ours is a collaborative effort among specialists from a wide range of practices — all of them experienced in male-specific conditions.
To help find the true source of your health problem, we call upon experts in the areas of:
- Cardiovascular. Disorders of the heart and vascular system can lead to issues elsewhere in the body, such a reduced blood flow.
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT). Dizziness, allergies, hearing loss — these modest issues can have a profound impact on men’s health.
- Gastroenterology (GI). Problems of the digestive system, acid reflux and heartburn are more common as men age.
- Internal medicine. Specialists in internal medicine look at the bigger picture of your overall health.
- Orthopedics. Experts in injuries or disorders of the skeletal system, muscles, joints and ligaments help us diagnose and treat golfers, gardeners and weekend warriors.
- Sexual dysfunction. It’s a common condition men often hesitate to discuss, yet in most cases it’s treatable.
- Sleep disorders. Sleep apnea in men is often part of the same spectrum of conditions as erectile dysfunction.
- Urology. Comprehensive care for conditions affecting the male urinary and reproductive systems.
Men's Health ProgramBecause the Men’s Health Program at El Camino Hospital began with a focus on urology, our efforts are led by fellowship-trained, board-certified urologists, and supported by a highly rated, hospital-based urology specialty.
As one of the first comprehensive men’s health programs in California and the country, it has broadened to encompass a wider range of care, delivered by a diverse team of doctors dedicated to men’s health issues — skilled at observation, diagnosis and the latest therapies and treatments.
Program highlights include:
- A private entrance and confidential environment.
- Advanced laboratory facilities and diagnostic imaging.
- Innovative technologies to treat enlargement of the prostate (known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH) and resulting urinary problems, such as the newest and most sophisticated GreenLight XPS™ Laser, PlasmaButton™ for transurethral vaporization of the prostate (TUVP) and the minimally invasive UroLift® method.
- Outstanding diagnostic evaluations and a full range of treatment options for erectile dysfunction and low testosterone, including a full spectrum of therapies, surgical options and penile implants.
- Advanced expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of Peryonie's Disease (scar tissue inside the penis that causes curved painful erections).
- A full range of treatments for the removal of kidney stones with minimally invasive lithotripsy procedures, including ESWL and ISWL.
- A special focus on men’s pelvic health, with specialized treatment techniques for pelvic pain and dysfunction.
Men’s Health Fair: A Chance to Inform YourselfKnowledge is power when it comes to staying healthy. Annually, on the Saturday before Father's Day, El Camino Hospital’s Men’s Health experts host a free, highly informative event dedicated to men’s health. You have a chance to talk with doctors from each of our Men’s Health disciplines and see demonstrations of the latest innovative surgical equipment. This year's event is on Saturday, June 17th. Learn more and register.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To learn more about how we can help you, call 408-866-7331.