Heart & Vascular Care
Heart & Vascular Care
Cardiovascular disease — which includes several heart and blood vessel conditions — is the No. 1 killer in the United States. If you or a loved one is living with heart and vascular disease or has a high risk of developing it, we can help.
The Norma Melchor Heart & Vascular Institute at El Camino Hospital is home to a team of heart and vascular specialists that’s committed to providing you with the highest level of patient care. Our heart care experts work together to deliver comprehensive care — from community education and prevention to diagnosis and treatment. Whenever possible, we use the least invasive treatments to promote healing, limit complications and lower risk.
Our cardiovascular expertise and dedication to our patients has earned us awards, accolades and professional accreditations, but our greatest accomplishment is helping people achieve optimal health.
Comprehensive Heart Care, Locally
The Institute provides the kind of care you expect to find at a large medical center, with the added comfort and convenience of your neighborhood hospital. We offer:
- Advanced, minimally invasive treatments to clear blocked blood vessels and restore blood flow.
- Sophisticated diagnostic technology in our advanced echocardiography lab, offering the latest tools for diagnosing disease and planning treatment.
- Heart attack care expertise, earning us specialty designation as a STEMI Receiving Center.
- Specialized care for heart rhythm disorders in our electrophysiology lab, including minimally invasive ablation therapy and the latest implantable devices to treat arrhythmias.
- A nationally certified heart and lung rehabilitation program — the first in the region — offering comprehensive recovery services.
- Community education and outreach programs, screenings and special services — such as our South Asian Heart Center — to help people at high risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- Access to some of the latest therapies through clinical trials.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call Us for a Referral
Made Possible by the Melchors
Read About Our Clinical Outcomes for Heart and Vascular Care
Tools & Resources
Take our health risk assessment to learn more about your heart health or read our Healthy Tips - For Your Heart.