Collaboration is the foundation of our exceptional patient care.
When you come to the Norma Melchor Heart & Vascular Institute at El Camino Hospital, you’ll benefit from the combined expertise of our talented heart and vascular specialists. Experts from several specialties will review your condition and work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Our team delivers a full spectrum of heart and vascular care, so you can find the level of care that’s right for you. Whenever possible, your doctor will suggest a minimally invasive approach to open blocked arteries and vessels — such as angioplasty or stent placement — in our catheterization lab. For more advanced heart disease, you may need heart bypass or valve repair surgery. In some cases, your doctor may use a two-step hybrid procedure: a cardiac catheterization procedure initially to prepare for a less invasive operation later.
You can depend on El Camino Hospital for:
- Sophisticated diagnosis. Heart and vascular specialists use noninvasive and minimally invasive techniques — such as ultrasound, CT and MRI — to assess disease.
- Heart attack care expertise. Our heart team is able to diagnose and treat heart attacks quickly through a seamless, collaborative process.
- Minimally invasive treatments. Heart care experts at El Camino Hospital use a variety of minimally invasive techniques to treat heart disease.
- Heart rhythm disorders care. We provide the latest treatments to manage heart arrhythmias, delivered in our advanced electrophysiology lab.
- Advanced surgical care. We offer advanced heart, vascular and thoracic procedures, many of which you would only expect to find at a large medical center.
- Expert wound care. Our specialized wound care team offers advanced care for non-healing wounds.
- Comprehensive rehabilitative care. Our multidisciplinary team of rehabilitation specialists offers a variety of therapies to help you recover.