How can we help you today? Please give us a call at 800-216-5556, live chat with a health counselor or send us a message below.
- How do I contact a patient/family member in the hospital?
Patients must give prior permission for you to receive information about their condition or location. To contact a patient:
• Mountain View campus – 650-940-7000
• Los Gatos campus – 408-378-6131
Ask for the patient by name or room number.
- How do I change or cancel my appointment? To change an appointment with a department of the hospital — for example, Imaging — find the number in our phone directory and call us. If your appointment is with a doctor, please call the doctor’s office number directly.
- Will you accept my insurance? Check our 2015 Insurance Plans list to check for your insurance carrier. If you have questions, call 650-988-8275 and speak with one of our financial counselors.
- How do I pay my bill? We accept several forms of bill payment, including online payment and account management.
- I want El Camino Hospital to be my healthcare provider. How do I sign up? Although many of our providers and services may be covered under a health maintenance organization (HMO), El Camino Hospital is not an HMO. For a list of the insurance plans we accept, see our 2015 Insurance Plans list.
- How do I get my medical records? To get a copy of your medical records from El Camino Hospital, you'll need to fill out an authorization form. There's no charge to have your records released to a doctor's office or medical facility.
- How much does it cost to have a baby? Our financial counselors can give you an estimate and general guidelines depending on the method of delivery (C-section or natural). Call 650-988-8275.
- How do I get a birth certificate or social security card for my child?
When your baby is born at El Camino Hospital, our birth recorder will visit you to gather information for your baby’s birth certificate. As an added convenience, El Camino Hospital will help you begin the process to apply for your baby’s social security number.
Please note that El Camino Hospital doesn’t keep or maintain birth certificates. The Public Health Department officially records Births in Santa Clara County:
• Get copies of birth certificates from the current and previous year from the vital records and registration department of Santa Clara County Public Health
• Get copies of older certificates from the Santa Clara County clerk-recorder’s office.
For more information about obtaining your baby’s birth certificate and social security number, visit Birth Registration FAQ.
- How do I become a junior volunteer? Our highly competitive Junior Auxiliary Volunteer Program has limited openings each year. Candidates must attend our Annual Application Seminar — the last one was held in April 2014. Watch the Give Back section of our website for information about the 2015 seminar.
- How do I apply for an internship, fellowship or summer job? If we have openings for interns, fellows or summer workers, they are listed in our Job Finder. If you seek an educational experience to fulfill requirements for a degree program, ask your school’s placement coordinator to contact us. We will let them know if we are accepting students in your field and/or from your school.
- I’m working on a school project and would like to set up an interview/tour/visit. Because they are busy giving care to patients, our doctors and clinicians are unable to grant personal interviews. Privacy practices at El Camino Hospital also limit facility tours, but you may email our Auxiliary or call 650-940-7214 to ask about limited-access group tours.
- How do I apply for a job? Where is my job application in the hiring process? Visit our Careers section to apply and track your job application.
- What nearby hotels does the hospital recommend? Although we don’t endorse or recommend particular hotels or motels, we do offer information about lodging near our Mountain View and Los Gatos campuses.
- I live far away and have (or my family member has) a certain medical condition. Can you help me? El Camino Hospital doesn’t diagnose or give medical advice online or over the phone. You may find useful information in our health library. If you’d like to make an appointment with a doctor at El Camino Hospital, you can view doctor profiles using our Find a Doctor tool or call 800-216-5556 for help with a referral.
- I want to acknowledge the hospital for outstanding service. Where do I send my thank-you note?
You can email our patient experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can send your note to:
Patient Experience Department
El Camino Hospital
2500 Grant Road, M/S – EHG51
Mountain View, CA 94040
If you’d like to share a positive patient experience with others, consider telling your story at El Camino Hospital & Me.
- I have a complaint. How can I get it to the right people?
Please contact our patient experience team at email@example.com or 650-962-5836. If you prefer, you can leave a message on our Comment Line at 650-988-7263, and remain anonymous if you wish. To send us a letter, mail it to:
El Camino Hospital
2500 Grant Road, M/S – EHG51
Mountain View, CA 94040
For a serious complaint or grievance, follow our Patient Rights guidelines.
Find a department-specific phone number below. If the number you need isn’t listed, call 650-940-7000.
|El Camino Hospital Phone Numbers|
|El Camino Hospital Operator||Mountain View||650-940-7000|
|Alternate El Camino Hospital Operator||Mountain View||650-968-8111|
|El Camino Hospital Operator||Los Gatos||408-378-6131|
|Gift Shop (Flowers)||Mountain View||650-962-5873|
|El Camino Hospital Health Line
(Free Physician & Service Referral Service)
|Patient & Family Comment Line||650-940-7263|
|Administration Offices||Mountain View||650-940-7300|
|Behavioral Health Services||650-940-7291|
|Breast Health Center (Mammography)||650-988-7600|
|Camino Counseling Services||650-988-7444|
|Cardiac Cath Lab||650-988-7555|
|Cardiac & Pulmonary Wellness Center||650-940-7130|
|Care Coordination||Mountain View||650-940-7203|
|Center for Advanced Radiotherapy
and CyberKnife Radiosurgery
|Chaplain/Spiritual Care/Healing Arts Programs||650-988-7568|
|Corporate Health Services||650-988-7400|
|Diabetes Management Services||650-940-7148|
|El Camino Radiologist Medical Group||650-940-7044|
|El Camino Ambulatory Surgery Center
(Managed by E3 Healthcare)
|El Camino Hospital Foundation||650-940-7154|
|Gift Shop Women's Hospital - Mountain View (Orchard Pavilion)||650-988-8287|
|Health Library & Resource Center||Mountain View||650-940-7210|
|Human Resources||Mountain View||650-940-7222|
|Information Desk, Hospital Lobby||Mountain View||650-940-7211|
|Laboratory Services (LabNet)||Mountain View||650-940-7022|
|Lost and Found||Mountain View||650-988-8216|
|Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Comprehensive Eating Disorders
Program at El Camino Hospital
|Maternal Child Health Education (Maternity Class Registration)||Mountain View||650-940-7302|
|Marketing & Communications||650-988-7703|
|Maternal Child Health Services||Mountain View||650-988-7634|
|MRI Center||Mountain View||650-988-7600|
|Nuclear Medicine||Mountain View||650-940-7295|
|Nutrition Services||Mountain View||650-940-7112|
|Outreach Medical Services||650-988-7652|
|Orthopedic Institute||Mountain View||650-962-4914|
|Pathways Home Health,
Hospice and Private Duty
|Patient Experience Team||650-962-5836|
|Pharmacy (Inpatient services only)||Mountain View||650-940-7011|
|Physician Referral Services||800-216-5556|
|Privacy Officer||Mountain View||650-988-7733|
|Records Release (M-F, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)||Mountain View||650-988-7462|
|Rehabilitation Center (inpatient)||Los Gatos||408-866-4030|
|Rehabilitation Services (outpatient)||Mountain View||650-940-7285|
|Transportation/Road Runners||Mountain View||650-940-7016|
|Urology Services||Los Gatos||408-866-7331|
|Women's Hospital||Mountain View||650-988-3200|
We’re happy to answer your questions by email, though we can’t provide medical advice via email. Fill out the e-form below and someone will reply within two business days. If you have a medical emergency, don’t send an email. Call 911 immediately.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you’re looking for information about one of our campuses, please visit our location pages.