Sometimes you need a specialist for your care — a surgeon, a cardiologist or a podiatrist — whose expertise is in one particular area of medicine. But, for routine checkups, preventive care and overall health, you need someone who specializes in you — that’s your primary care doctor.
Specializing in YouThink of your primary care doctor as your personal health manager and advocate. He or she gets to know you and your health history to help you maintain good health.
Your primary care doctor:
- Sees you for preventive care, physicals, routine tests and immunizations, and manages chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or arthritis.
- Tracks your health history and medical records.
- Offers guidance on prevention and healthy living to keep you well over time.
- Coordinates with all your doctors and manages your prescriptions to keep you safe.
- Diagnoses and treats health concerns early, before they become more serious.
- Refers you to specialty care when necessary.
Trusted Care for You and Your FamilyYour primary care doctor plays an important role in keeping you healthy, so it’s important to find someone you trust and feel comfortable with. At El Camino Hospital, we’re proud to partner with leading community doctors across the South Bay, including many who are fluent in other languages. They have access to all the specialists, facilities and services available at our hospital.
Need to find a doctor? We can help. Use our Find a Doctor tool to find someone near you. Or, if you’d like personal assistance, call the El Camino Health Line at 800-216-5556.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tools & Resources
There’s a lot you can do to keep yourself healthy. Take our quizzes to find out how much you know and learn more about your health.