Surgical and Interventional Services
Surgical and Interventional Services
The decision to have surgery can be a difficult one. Your medical team at El Camino Hospital will help you make the choice that’s right for you. When surgery is your best option, you can be assured that El Camino Hospital’s surgical professionals will see you through the experience with skill, teamwork and compassion.
Our Mountain View and Los Gatos locations have been recognized nationally for quality, performance and teamwork. Our clinicians — surgeons, nurses, anesthesiologists, technologists, therapists and others — work in concert with each other to make sure you get the best quality surgical care.
We believe an important aspect of good surgical care is ensuring you have the resources you need to have a satisfying surgical experience, including information about your surgery and anesthesia.
Surgical Services HighlightsWe offer comprehensive surgical care to meet your needs, including:
- Preoperative education. Depending on your surgery, there may be preoperative education classes to help you understand your procedure and what to expect during recovery.
- Minimally invasive surgery. This less invasive surgery uses specialized techniques and small incisions — robotic-assisted surgery is a type of minimally invasive surgery. Small incisions result in less pain and scarring, fewer complications and a quicker recovery.
- Outpatient surgery. El Camino Hospital offers outpatient surgery services at our Mountain View campus and the Los Gatos campus. The El Camino Ambulatory Surgery Center on the Mountain View campus also offers a range of outpatient services.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services. If you require rehabilitation after your surgery, our rehabilitation experts offer comprehensive care to help you recover.
- El Camino Hospital in Mountain View is a participant in the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP®). ACS NSQIP® is the first nationally validated, outcomes-based program used to measure and improve the quality of surgical care.
Interventional Services HighlightsInterventional procedures are noninvasive or minimally invasive treatment options that can help you avoid surgery and, in some cases, an overnight hospital stay. These techniques use a variety of thin, flexible tubes fitted with special cameras — catheters, endoscopes and bronchoscopes — that allow interventional specialists to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions without surgery.
We offer a full range of sophisticated services, including:
- Cardiac catheterization. Our heart and vascular specialists use a variety of catheter-based techniques to treat heart problems, including arrhythmias, heart attacks, heart valve problems and more. To perform cardiac catheterization, your doctor makes a small incision in your upper thigh or arm and inserts a catheter into a large blood vessel that leads to your heart.
- Interventional endoscopy. Your doctor can use an endoscope, usually inserted through your mouth, to diagnose and treat digestive tract conditions.
- Interventional pulmonology. To diagnose and treat lung-related conditions, your doctor can use a bronchoscope or other tools. Your doctor performs these procedures by inserting a bronchoscope through your mouth or nose, down your throat and into your airways.
- Interventional radiology. Your doctor can use minimally invasive procedures and image-guided techniques (X-ray, for example) to diagnose and treat problems in various parts of the body.
- Neurointerventional radiology. Your doctor may use catheter-based techniques to treat conditions of the head and neck — including strokes, aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) — and spine conditions.
We offer a full range of surgical and interventional services, including:
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.