El Camino Hospital offers an eight-week intensive outpatient program for adults who aren’t able to attend treatment during regular business hours. Our Addiction Services Program offers a convenient option for working professionals, students or others who need to maintain daily responsibilities while going through treatment.
The El Camino Hospital DifferenceWe take a more inclusive approach to treating substance abuse — we believe in not only removing the substance, but helping people lead a healthier lifestyle.
Another distinct benefit of our program is our highly skilled staff, which includes licensed psychotherapists, masters-level registered nurses, and masters- or doctorate-level psychotherapy interns. Our team provides a full range of psychiatric assessment and treatment for symptoms co-occurring with a substance-use disorder.
You’ll work with a licensed therapist specializing in addiction treatment and receive comprehensive, individualized care. Additionally, there’s a psychiatrist on staff to provide a full assessment of your symptoms. Because substance use is often linked with anxiety or depression, it’s important that all symptoms are addressed in treatment. This allows for a more holistic approach to addiction treatment.
Personalized Addiction ServicesOur Addiction Services Program uses a "Stages of Change" model that promotes the power of the individual to change his or her behavior, in a nonjudgmental and supportive setting.
Addiction specialists provide comprehensive treatment, including:
- Coaching in communication, setting healthy boundaries, assertiveness training, uncovering shame, distress tolerance skills and forgiveness. These are essential pieces of treatment to begin the healing process.
- Assistance in identifying appropriate support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, and obtaining a sponsor to help build a strong foundation for future wellness.
- Instruction and practice in mindfulness and relaxation skills and techniques.
- Psychiatric evaluation and assessment for co-occurring disorders.
- Psychological testing, which is included in program fees.
- Identifying a comprehensive relapse-prevention and contingency plan.
The eight-week program includes:
- Four sessions each week, from 6 to 9 p.m., including weekly individual sessions that assess goals.
- Occasional late-afternoon sessions.
- A multifamily group session once a week.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Make an appointment, get information, schedule a free assessment or refer someone by calling 650-988-8468 or 866-789-6089.