Our expert mother-baby care professionals are specially trained to care for mothers and newborns. They’re dedicated to supporting you throughout your birth experience.
The maternal care professionals at El Camino Hospital provide a full spectrum of care for mothers and babies — from breastfeeding assistance and care during labor and delivery to specialized care for high-risk pregnancies and neonatal intensive care. Our professionals are dedicated to supporting the health and well-being of you and your baby.
Our team members include:
Focus on Mothers and BabiesOur mother-baby care team members are experienced caregivers who are focused on your needs throughout your birth experience. They work collaboratively to keep you well informed and provide assistance and personalized care.
Our team members include:
- Anesthesiologists – Doctors who specialize in administering anesthesia during surgery to keep you comfortable, safe and pain-free.
- Obstetricians – Doctors who specialize in pregnancy, labor and postpartum care. Should you need emergent care, El Camino Hospital has a board-certified OB/GYN hospitalist available 24/7.
- Neonatologists – Doctors who specialize in treating babies with complex problems and providing intensive care for newborns.
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists – Obstetricians who specialize in high-risk pregnancy care, also called perinatologists. These specialists are available at our Mountain View Campus.
- Pediatricians – Doctors who specialize in providing care for infants, children and adolescents.
- Certified nurse-midwives – Registered nurses who have specialized training to provide pregnancy, labor and postpartum care, as well as routine gynecologic services for women.
- Lactation specialists – Registered nurses who specialize in educating and assisting women in breastfeeding and are international board certified lactation consultants (IBCLCs).
- Mother-baby nurses – Registered nurses who provide care, education, assistance and support to mothers and babies during their hospital stay.
- Sonographers – Imaging health professionals who specialize in providing ultrasound exams to assess fetal health and growth during pregnancy.
- Social workers – Care professionals who help women and their families understand the hospital experience, and offer support and assistance with finding a variety of resources — from lodging for visiting family to specialized medical equipment or special childcare services in the community.
- Birth recorders – Care professionals who gather information and submit documentation to begin the process of obtaining birth certificates and social security numbers for newborns.
- Maternity boutique staff – Staff members who are knowledgeable about mother-baby care products and specially trained in bra fitting.
Your Opinion MattersBecause your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take an active part in your care and welcome your feedback. Nurse managers are available to speak with you, and you may also call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or email@example.com.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tools & Resources
Whether you're looking to join a support group or take a tour, we have a variety of resources to get you started.