Affiliation with El Camino Hospital is not required to participate in these services. Our three special Wellness Programs offer private consultations with health care professionals.
Blood Pressure Screenings
A registered nurse volunteer provides free blood pressure monitoring every Friday morning from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (except holidays) on the first floor of the main hospital building on the Mountain View campus, next to the Health Library & Resource Center. There is no fee, and no appointment is needed. Please call 650-940-7210 for more details.
Ask the Pharmacist
An El Camino Hospital pharmacist will review all your medications, over-the-counter drugs, herbal supplements and vitamins in relation to your diagnosis, as well as answer your questions. Available on our Mountain View campus. From this appointment, you will learn:
- Proper use of your medications.
- Possible duplications, interactions and side effects.
Free, thirty-minute appointments are available Mondays at 1:00 pm. An appointment is required, please call 650-940-7210 to schedule your appointment.
Patients must provide a list of their medications no later than the Monday prior to (one week before) the appointment. The list should include any known allergies, all prescribed medications, and any vitamins, herbal supplements or over-the-counter medicines taken. Please use our Universal Medication Form to assist in providing this information prior to the appointment.
Consult the Dietitian
Good nutrition is important for the maintenance of good health. Our dietitian will meet with you in a private consultation to review your current diet and evaluate your nutritional status.
The dietitian will:
- Help you identify personal nutrition goals and create a plan to reach them.
- Help you plan meals at home and dining out.
- Answer your questions about vitamins and other dietary supplements.
- Provide recipes or modify "old favorites" to help you meet your nutritional goals.
Thirty-minute appointments are available the first and third Friday of each month between noon and 2:00 pm. An appointment is required, but there is no fee for this service. Call 650-940-7210 to schedule an appointment. This service is offered at the Mountain View campus.
These wellness programs are offered through the Health Library and Resource Center, on the Mountain View campus, which is located at:El Camino Hospital
Main Building, First Floor
2500 Grant Road
Mountain View, CA 94040
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Eldercare services at El Camino Hospital help older adults and their family caregivers find all the resources they need. Our eldercare counselors are familiar with all the organizations and programs serving older adults in the local area, so they can link you with resources that are affordable, efficient and proven.
You can turn to our eldercare counselors for help with:
- Researching clinical studies and new treatments or developments.
- Finding home care, geriatric care management or other services at El Camino Hospital or in the community to maintain independence or quality of life.
- Determining what Medicare or other insurance will cover — the Health Library & Resource Center offers free insurance counseling for older adults.
- Long-range planning after a getting out of the hospital.
- Finding affordable and suitable assisted living or long-term care options.
- Finding the right professional caregiver or adult day care.
- Grief counseling or end-of-life decisions.
- Any other unmet need for yourself or your loved one.
Eldercare services are free and available to everyone — you don’t have to be a patient of El Camino Hospital. Turn to us with your questions, concerns or needs, and let us do the research to find a solution that works for you and your family.
Our eldercare counselors can work with you by email, phone or mail. For more information or to get started, call 650-940-7210 or email email@example.com.
Talk to Someone
Inquire about services or get a physician referral. Our call-back and chat services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.