Our highly trained professionals provide expert analysis to assist doctors in diagnosis and treatment planning.
The laboratory team at El Camino Hospital uses the latest equipment and technologies to give you fast, accurate results. Our professionals are well equipped to manage everything from routine diagnostic tests and screenings to providing valuable information for doctors to develop care plans for complex disease.
Have an upcoming test? Visit our frequently asked questions to learn more about lab services.
El Camino Hospital’s clinical labs are state licensed and nationally accredited by the College of American Pathologists. The advanced, automated technology at our Mountain View campus allows us to analyze approximately 1,000 specimens daily. Automation offers faster results and requires less blood for testing, which minimizes discomfort.
Both our Mountain View and Los Gatos labs process a wide range of tests, including:
- Biotechnology – Testing DNA and performing other diagnostic processes.
- Chemistry – Analyzing blood and other body fluids to check the function of specific organs, diagnose diseases and monitor treatments.
- Coagulation and hemostasis testing – Analyzing blood to determine its clotting status.
- Cytology – Testing samples to detect cancer, precancerous changes and other conditions.
- Drug testing – Examining blood, urine or other samples to detect specific substances.
- Hematology – Analyzing blood, bone marrow and other substances that relate to blood diseases.
- Histology – Studying tissue samples for evidence of disease.
- Microbiology – Culturing specimens to detect parasites, yeasts, molds, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Parasitology – Testing body fluids and tissue samples for parasitic infections.
- Serology – Testing specimens to identify antibodies that can indicate an infection or other condition.
- Urinalysis – Collecting and analyzing urine samples to detect many diseases and conditions.
- Transfusion services – Testing blood or blood components as part of medical infusion therapy.
Lab analysis requires a high degree of precision and expertise. In El Camino Hospital’s clinical labs, board-certified pathologists examine specimens, interpret test results and work with your doctor to help determine your diagnosis and treatment. Our pathologists also monitor the accuracy of testing done by our team of California-licensed clinical lab scientists.
El Camino Hospital’s state¬-certified phlebotomists — health workers trained to draw blood — are experts at collecting blood samples quickly and efficiently from people of all ages and health conditions.
Convenient Locations and Hours
To make laboratory testing more convenient for you, El Camino Hospital now offers several outpatient lab locations. No appointment necessary.
|Mountain View campus|
|El Camino Hospital
2500 Grant Road
Mountain View 94040
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Weekends: 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
2490 Hospital Drive, Suite 110
Mountain View 94040
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
2505 Hospital Drive
Mountain View 94040-4378
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
|The El Camino Hospital Cancer Center located in Oak Pavilion also offers on-site laboratory services to provide seamless care for those undergoing treatment for cancer.|
|Los Gatos campus|
|El Camino Hospital Los Gatos
815 Pollard Road
Los Gatos 95032
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Weekends: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Closed on Holidays