We’re committed to maintaining an open, welcoming environment on our campuses, and we make every effort to accommodate visits to our patients.
Visiting RightsPatients have the right to receive visitors, including a spouse, a domestic partner, family member or a friend — patients also have the right to withdraw or deny this consent at any time.
To accommodate patients’ wishes and assure their health and safety, the hospital:
- Will not limit or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
- Has the right to rescind visitation hours and rights based on the safety and welfare of the patient and the hospital staff, and as necessary in order to conduct normal hospital operations. Hospital staff must explain the reasons for any clinical restrictions or limitations to the patient and family.
Keeping Patients and Visitors Safe
- A patient’s medical condition, including a risk of infection by a visitor.
- The family’s health and safety, including a risk of infection by the patient.
- A patient’s wish for privacy or uninterrupted rest time.
- A non-private room, in order to assure the comfort of both occupants.
- The need for a sterile environment.
- Any court order limiting or restraining contact.
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to anyone in the immediate environment or disruptive to the functioning of the patient care unit.
- Extraordinary protections due to a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak.
- Substance-use treatment guidelines that may restrict or limit visitors.
Guidelines for VisitorsFor our patients' comfort, please follow these guidelines when you visit El Camino Hospital:
- Limit visitors to two at a time to assure a restful atmosphere.
- Observe the posted visiting hours and guidelines of each department.
- If you bring balloons, please bring Mylar balloons, rather than latex, to protect those who may be at risk for latex allergies.
- You may only bring in food for the patient with prior approval from the patient’s nurse.
- When sitting in a patient’s room, please use the chairs; don’t sit on the beds.
- Refrain from smoking — El Camino Hospital is a smoke- and tobacco-free environment and we support the health of our patients, visitors and staff. Learn more about our smoking cessation programs by calling 650-988-8225.
- Pets aren’t allowed, with the exception of guide or therapy dogs.
- Help us prevent the spread of infections (PDF) by following a few simple guidelines.
If you want to reach a patient, call the hospital’s main number and ask for him or her by name or room number:
- Mountain View campus: 650-940-7000
- Los Gatos campus: 408-378-6131
To protect our patients’ privacy, we don’t provide information about their location or medical condition without the patient’s permission.