El Camino Hospital offers several options to help alleviate the financial burden of necessary medical services for our patients.
We strive to ensure that people’s financial ability doesn’t prevent them from seeking or receiving medical care at El Camino Hospital. We offer:
- Self-pay discounts – El Camino Hospital offers a 75 percent discount on eligible medical services when you pay out of pocket. Whether you pay out of pocket because you’re uninsured, your insurance doesn’t cover the services or you choose not to go through your insurance company, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Payment plans – If you’re unable to pay your hospital bill in full, we offer extended payment plans. Payment plans don’t accrue interest or other fees.
- Financial assistance – If you meet certain income requirements, you may be eligible for full or partial charity care — applications are available for El Camino Hospital, Covered California and California Children's Services. We also offer a Spanish version of our application and Covered California’s, as well as a California Children’s Services application in Spanish.
- Other programs – Our financial counselors can help you determine whether you’re eligible for coverage through federal, state or county-funded programs, including the California Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare, Medi-Cal, California Emergency Physicians, Healthy Families, and California Children’s Services.
To learn more about financial assistance programs and services, call our customer service staff at 650-940-7220 or 800-665-6540, or email email@example.com.
Financial Assistance Requirements
The following healthcare services are eligible for financial assistance at El Camino Hospital:
- Emergency medical services provided in an emergency department setting.
- Services for a condition which, in the opinion of the treating doctor or other healthcare professional, would lead to an adverse change in the person’s health status if not treated promptly.
- Non-elective services provided in response to life- or health-threatening circumstances.
In order to receive financial assistance, you must complete a charity care application and proof of income (most recent paystubs or tax returns) to confirm you don’t exceed 350 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. Our financial counselors can help determine whether you’re eligible for government and community programs that may help cover medical expenses.
Tools & Resources
We’re Here to Help
Have questions about your bill or payment options? Our representatives are available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday:
- Call 650-940-7220
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You may also visit us in person during between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday:
El Camino Hospital Patient Accounting
Oak Pavilion, 2505 Hospital Drive, 2nd Floor
Mountain View, CA 94040