We strive to ensure that people’s financial ability doesn’t prevent them from seeking or receiving medical care at El Camino Hospital. We offer:
- Uninsured discount – Patients who have no medical or third-party insurance coverage of any kind or patients who have medical insurance coverage, but who choose not to utilize it, are eligible for a discount off their total charges.
- Payment plans – For patients who are unable to pay a hospital balance with a one-time payment we offer payment plans that have no fees, accrue no interest and can be set for an extended period of time. Our Customer Service staff can provide for more details.
- Charity Care – Either full or partial charity care for patients who meet family income criteria or have incurred high medical costs and are not eligible for any government programs. Printable applications for El Camino Hospital Charity Care, in English and Spanish, are available at the bottom of this page.
- Other programs – Our financial counselors can help you determine whether you are eligible for coverage through federal, state or county-funded programs, including the California Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare, Covered California/Medi-Cal, California Emergency Physicians, and California Children’s Services. Printable applications for Covered California/Medi-Cal and California Children’s Services are available at the bottom of this page.
Patients that are eligible for financial assistance are not charged more than the amounts generally billed (AGB) for emergency or other medically-necessary care.
El Camino Hospital adopts the look-back method for Amounts Generally Billed (AGB). This method is based on Medicare and Commercial payer paid claims.
To learn more about financial assistance programs and services, call our customer service staff at 650-940-7220 or 800-665-6540, or email email@example.com.
Financial Assistance Requirements
The following healthcare services are eligible for financial assistance at El Camino Hospital:
- Emergency medical services provided in an emergency department setting.
- Services for a condition which, in the opinion of the treating doctor or other healthcare professional, would lead to an adverse change in the person’s health status if not treated promptly.
- Non-elective services provided in response to life- or health-threatening circumstances.
In order to receive financial assistance, you must complete a charity care application and proof of income (most recent paystubs or tax returns) to confirm you don’t exceed 350 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. Our financial counselors can help determine whether you’re eligible for government and community programs that may help cover medical expenses.
Tools & Resources
We’re Here to Help
Have questions about your bill or payment options? Our representatives are available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday:
- Call 650-940-7220
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You may also visit us in person during between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday:
El Camino Hospital Patient Accounting
Oak Pavilion, 2505 Hospital Drive, 2nd Floor
Mountain View, CA 94040