This two and a half hour class, suggested for couples planning to breastfeed, provides an introduction to breastfeeding and an overview of common challenges parents may encounter in the early weeks, with the goal of getting breastfeeding off to a good start. This class is taught by a board certified lactation consultant.
- Positioning and latch techniques based on current research
- Understanding the infant’s behavior related to breastfeeding
- Common breastfeeding concerns and myths
- The role of the father in the breastfeeding family
- Building and protecting your milk supply
- Anatomy and Physiology of lactation
- Breast Care
- Community Resources
- Information on complimentary breast pump consultations and nursing bra fittings offered through the Maternal Network
Fee: $45 per couple.
This class is recommended for both parents. Pre-registration is required.
Register by Phone
To register by phone for Los Gatos classes please call our Maternal Child Health Education department at 408-866-3905.
Los Gatos Maternal Child Education office hours are:
Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Closed Saturdays and Sundays