We encourage your participation on El Camino Hospital's social media sites (the “Social Media Sites”). Please adhere to the following guidelines when you do.
- Do not post confidential information (e.g., medical information, phone numbers, personal addresses, etc.), either your own or any other person's. Because Social Media Sites are open to the public, any information you post to them could be seen by anyone. Your privacy is important to us.
- Do not provide medical advice for other online users, regardless of your knowledge, experience, or education.
- Please note we cannot provide medical advice through our Social Media Sites. Your doctor may be the most qualified person to provide you with personalized medical advice. In case of an emergency, dial 911. Otherwise, if you need a doctor, please use our website to access a resource such as the Find a Doctor page.
- Do not post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights.
- Do not post or promote material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by El Camino Hospital in its sole discretion.
- Do not post "spam" (e.g., post the same note more than once, post something that is disruptive, make an unsolicited commercial post, etc.)
- Do stay on topic. Please discuss unrelated topics elsewhere or contact us directly if you have a topic you’d like to discuss with El Camino Hospital.
- Do be respectful of other’s opinions.
- Do not impersonate another person.
- Do not allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. By its very nature, a website and the internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. El Camino Hospital does not control the social media website infrastructure, related third-party websites, the network or the internet service provider over which you may choose to send information. El Camino Hospital makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to site availability, accuracy of information or any safeguard against third-party interception of, or compromises to your information. From time to time, submitting information may be a requirement for contests, surveys, etc. that are run or sponsored by El Camino Hospital; you agree that any information you submit is completely voluntary. Furthermore, El Camino Hospital does not endorse any product, service, views or content displayed on social media sites.
You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on the Social Media Sites shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state, or federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
You may not provide any content to the Social Media Sites that contains any product or service endorsements; any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations, or contributions; use Social Media Sites to link to any sites or political candidates or parties; or use Social Media Sites to discuss political campaigns, issues, or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
You give El Camino Hospital the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission to Social Media Sites for any purpose in any form and on any media.
You agree that you will indemnify El Camino Hospital against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third-party relating to any material you have posted.
El Camino Hospital reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to the Terms.
- Remove communications posted to the Social Media Sites, regardless of whether such communications violate the Terms.
- Terminate a user's access to the Social Media Sites upon any breach of the Terms.
The Terms may be updated at any time without notice, and each time a user accesses the Social Media Sites, new Terms will govern usage, effective upon their posting. By continuing to participate on the Social Media Sites after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications of the Terms.