It’s now possible to treat a variety of female reproductive tract issues using robotic surgery. This innovative technology offers patients significant benefits over traditional methods. Robotic surgery is a treatment option for cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian tumors, fibroids and pelvic prolapse.
Patients who are good candidates for this innovative, minimally invasive alternative to traditional surgery experience shorter recovery time, less pain and subsequently require less medication than with traditional surgical methods.
The da Vinci robotic surgery system affords surgeons greater flexibility in their surgical technique, which often translates into improved patient outcomes.
Topics of interest covered in this video include the following:
- Why more women are choosing robotic gynecological surgery
- The da Vinci robotic surgery system advantages
- How women benefit from robotic surgery
- Procedures performed using robotic surgery
- Selecting a surgeon and a hospital