Health Insurance Counseling for Patients and Families Under 65
El Camino Hospital's health insurance counseling service is free and available to our community's patients and families ages 18 to 64. It is designed to address concerns about medical bills or insurance coverage. Our counselors offer one-on-one telephone assistance to help answer questions and offer professional advice to solve specific health insurance issues.
Our counselor can:
- Help you understand your insurance benefits and rights.
- Guide you through the appeals process if denial of coverage occurs.
- Assist you in resolving claims issues.
- Help evaluate your health care employee benefits and managed care options.
- Interpret hospital and/or doctor bills.
- Give you the tools needed to make an informed decision when comparing and choosing health plans.
You will be assisted by a health insurance counselor with many years of experience in the managed care health insurance field and extensive knowledge of employee health care benefits. There is no charge for this service; however, donations are accepted. To make an appointment for this free health insurance telephone consultation, call 650-940-7210.
HICAP Health Insurance Counseling for Seniors
The Health Library & Resource Center at El Camino Hospital provides health insurance counseling in order to answer questions and concerns about Medicare, medical bills or insurance coverage. Our counselors offer personalized appointments to help seniors make choices concerning their health insurance needs.
Health insurance counseling is available through the efforts of trained volunteers of the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP). HICAP is a program provided through the Council on Aging Silicon Valley.
Our counselors can help you with:
To schedule an appointment for your free health insurance consultation please call the Health Library & Resource Center at 650-940-7210.
- Information about Medicare A & B and Medi-Cal
- Explanations and comparisons of Medicare supplemental and long-term care insurance policies
- Reviews of your insurance benefits and rights, and advice on how to appeal denials of coverage
- Completing claims and appeals
- Understanding your hospital bill or doctor bills.
Appointment scheduling for this service is provided by the Health Library & Resource Center, which is located at:
El Camino Hospital
Main Building, First Floor
2500 Grant Road
Mountain View, CA 94040
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.