The Auxiliary appreciates the tremendous interest in the Junior Auxiliary Volunteer program. The program is highly competitive and there is a limited amount of open positions available each year.
As part of the selection process, the Auxiliary holds an annual application seminar. At the application seminar, the application requirements and selection process are explained to potential candidates.
The El Camino Hospital Auxiliary will be holding Junior Application Seminars for students interested in becoming Junior volunteers -- one in Mountain View for MV applicants and one in Los Gatos for LG applicants in April.
We apologize but due to the overwhelming interest in this year's seminar registration, we are unable to respond to individual voice mails and emails regarding the registration process and application seminars. Please review the information below for details about the registration period and application seminars.
Important information regarding seminar registration:
- Space is limited to 60 registered students, per campus (Mountain View and Los Gatos).
- Registration was online only and is now closed.
- Online registration completed on Monday, April 14, 2014.
- Registration and the wait lists are both now full.
- If you do not have a confirmed registration, do NOT show up at the event. You will be turned away.
- Wait listed students should not come to the event, unless they clear the wait list.
- You must be registered to attend the application seminar.
- You must attend the seminar to receive an application.
- Parents may not attend or pick up applications for their child at the seminar.
- Students were allowed to register for one site only (MV or LG).
Important information regarding applicant requirements:
- Students must be at least 14 years old to apply.
- We will not be accepting students entering 12th grade in Fall 2014.
- Students completing 8th grade who are 14 by June 1st may apply.
- Junior membership requires a commitment of at least one year or 100 hours of service.
- The El Camino Hospital Auxiliary does not offer summer programs or programs lasting less than one year.
- Details on attendance and unexcused absences will be provided at the seminar.
- Shifts are typically between 3 to 3.5 hours on alternate weekends AM/PM or 2 hours weekly in the late afternoons or early evenings - weekday or weekend.
Acceptance into the program is based on completed applications, teacher recommendations, service openings, and schedule match. Not all seminar attendees who later submit an application will be accepted into the program.
DATE: Sunday, April 27, 2014
TIME: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
El Camino Hospital -- Mountain View
2500 Grant Road
Mountain View, CA 94040
Conference Rooms F & G
Mountain View Registration at Eventbrite.com
DATE: Sunday, April 27, 2014
TIME: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
El Camino Hospital -- Los Gatos
815 Pollard Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Conference Rooms 1, 2 & 3
Los Gatos Registration at Eventbrite.com
We apologize but due to the overwhelming interest in this year's seminar registration, we are unable to respond to individual voice mails and emails regarding the registration process and application seminars. Please review the information above for details about the registration period and application seminar.