Good nutrition is important for your health. El Camino Hospital’s Registered Dietitians provide nutrition counseling for individuals with specific medical needs as well as those who wish to maintain optimal health. Our approach integrates nutrition counseling with your overall health maintenance program. All nutrition counseling requires a physician referral.
Nutrition counseling is available for a range of needs. These include areas such as:
- Cardiovascular disorders (cholesterol, high blood pressure)
- Diabetes and gestational diabetes
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Bariatric surgery
- Good nutrition throughout life
- Kidney disorders
- Eating disorders
- Sports (training and competition)
- Weight management
Your dietitian can help you in several ways. The dietitian can:
- Review your current diet
- Evaluate your nutritional status
- Analyze your nutritional needs
- Work with you to identify your personal nutrition goals and create a plan to reach them
- Provide supporting written materials
- Help you plan meals at home and when dining out
- Give follow-up assistance
- Send a report to your doctor
Camino Hospital Registered Dietitians meet high qualification standards. Registered Dietitians are food nutrition experts that have achieved:
- At least 4 years of nutrition education from an accredited college or university program
- Successful completion of a supervised internship in dietetics, followed by an extensive exam nationally administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- At least 75 hours of continuing education every 5 years to stay at the forefront of today’s nutrition knowledge.
All counseling done by appointment only. You will to arrive early on the day of your appointment to fill out paperwork at Patient Registration. Please bring a 3-day record, medication and supplement and if available any laboratory records.
The Outpatient Nutrition Services office is located in the outpatient laboratory area of the Old Main Hospital building on our Mountain View campus.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call the Outpatient Nutrition Office at 650.940.7207.