Participation Guidelines for the Public
We encourage your participation in El Camino Hospital's social media sites, and we hope you will join the discussions. Please adhere to the following guidelines when you do.
- Do not post confidential medical information, either your own or any other person's. Because social media sites are open to the public, any information you post to them could be seen by anyone. Your privacy is important to us.
- Do not provide medical advice to other online participants.
- We cannot and will not provide medical advice through these forums. Your doctor is the most qualified person to provide you with personalized medical advice. If you need a doctor, please use our Find a Doctor tool.
- Show respect to others. Discussions often reveal differences of opinion, but differences can and should be discussed civilly. Do not use profanity, abusive language, hate speech, or make personal attacks on other participants.
- Stay on topic. If you want to discuss a different topic, please post it on your own page or "wall."
- Do not use El Camino's page or "wall" to promote your product or service.
To ensure that discussions and comments adhere to these guidelines, we review all comments. If any comments violate these guidelines, they either will not be posted or will be removed. For more specific rules about participation on our social media sites, consult our detailed social media policy (below).
Expanded/Legal Social Media Policy
By accessing, viewing or posting any comments, posts or other material on El Camino Hospital websites, blogs, or social media sites, you agree to all of the terms in this document. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, you may not view or post any content to any El Camino Hospital websites, blogs, or social media sites. Your use of these properties is acceptance of this policy and has the same effect as if you had actually physically signed an agreement.
You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the Internet. By its very nature, a website and the Internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. El Camino Hospital does not control the third-party website, the network or the Internet Service Provider over which you may choose to send information. El Camino Hospital makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to site availability, accuracy of information or any safeguard against third party interception of, or compromises to your information. Furthermore, El Camino Hospital does not endorse any product, service, views or content displayed on social media sites.
You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a social media site shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
You may not provide any content to a social media site that contains any product or service
endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use our social media sites to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
You give El Camino Hospital the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by El Camino Hospital in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- To send "spam" (i.e., post the same note more than once, post something that is disruptive, or make an unsolicited commercial post)
El Camino Hospital reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Prevent or remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to the El Camino Hospital website or social media sites upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted to the El Camino Hospital website or social media sites, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- You agree that you will indemnify El Camino Hospital against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
This policy may be updated at any time without notice, and each time a user accesses a social networking site, the new policy will govern usage, effective upon posting of the policy. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this policy.