Selecting a bariatric surgeon is a critical step in ensuring a successful outcome. Of course you want a doctor who is well qualified and experienced, but you also want someone who is willing to spend the time to carefully evaluate your overall health, personal history and specific needs.
We receive many positive testimonials from our patients, and the following testimonial is a good example of words we often hear from our patients about our bariatric surgeons and nursing staff.
"I was impressed with everyone's professionalism and organized processes. I felt safe and in good hands with the nursing staff and surgical team."
There are many different techniques, and not all bariatric surgeons perform them all. And not all surgeons or techniques are right for every patient.
Our team of elite, board-certified bariatric surgeons gives our program great depth thanks to their breadth of experience and techniques. Take the time to research your options, and make sure you're comfortable with the doctor's skills and personal style. You want to be sure to be completely informed about what to expect before, during and after a procedure.
|John Feng, MD, FACS
||Albert Wetter, MD, MBBS
|Pamela Foster, MD
||Prithvi Legha, MD
|Beemen N. Kahlil, MD, MS
||Marc M. Zare, MD, FACS
|John Rabkin, MD
Ask Your Bariatric Surgeon Questions
Feel free to ask a potential bariatric surgeon a few important questions--there's no reason to be shy, because this is your health!
- Are you board-certified by the American Board of Surgery or the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery?
- How long have you been doing bariatric surgery, and how many procedures have you performed?
- What procedures do you perform, specifically, and why do them recommend them over others?
- Tell me about the rest of your team (anesthesiologists, nurses, etc.)?
- Can you refer me to past patients for testimonials?
- Do you have expertise in minimally invasive bariatric surgery? Or robotic surgery?