Plaque build-up in carotid arteries can result in strokes or even death. Dr. Hardeep Ahluwalia, Medical Director of Vascular Surgery at El Camino Hospital Los Gatos, presents an enlightening, straightforward discussion about new, less-invasive approaches to successfully treating carotid arteries.
What does a plumber cleaning a drain have in common with the advanced techniques used to prevent strokes caused by carotid artery disease? In this video about stroke-prevention treatments, Dr. Ahluwalia explains that curious connection as well as why carotid endarterectomy is the gold standard for treatment the disease, and he covers the following topics:
- Vascular procedures to prevent stroke
- What is stenosis of the carotid artery?
- What is a carotid endarterectomy?
- What happens during a carotid endarterectomy?
- How is stenosis diagnosed, and what are the symptoms?
- What are the advantages of the minimally invasive carotid endarterectomy procedure?
- What makes El Camino Hospital’s vascular program unique and valuable to patients?
Spend a few minutes learning about new, minimally invasive surgical approaches to treat carotid artery disease and finding out why they may matter to you or a loved one.