Atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeats) are disorganized rhythms of the upper chamber of the heart. Symptoms can range from none at all (i.e., asymptomatic), wherein people don’t even know they have it, to a racing heartbeat, palpitations, shortness of breath or even feelings of impending doom.
In this video about atrial fibrillation, Dr. Gan Dunnington, updates us on the topic as well as the advances in treatment for this disease.
Spend a few minutes learning about surgical approaches to manage atrial fibrillation and learning why this may matter to you or a loved one.
Topics covered in this video include:
- Is atrial fibrilation (a-fib) dangerous?
- Can atrial fibrialtion lead to a stroke?
- What are the symptoms of atrial fibrillation?
- How do you diagnose and treat atrial fibrillation?
- When is a person a candidate for surgery to address atrial fibrillation (i.e., surgical ablation)?
- What’s unique about El Camino Hospital’s approach to treating atrial fibrillation?