Cancer and its treatments can have major effects on the patient and his or her nutrition status and well being. Nutritional counseling offers the unique opportunity to have the latest research about nutrition and wellness translated into simple and practical steps to help alleviate the confusion and worry of figuring out what to eat before, during, and after your cancer treatment.
Our oncology dietitian can help you develop eating strategies to:
- Manage treatment side effects
- Enhance quality of life
- Help you gain optimal strength and immune function
- Prevent undesired weight loss or gain during or after treatment
- Increase knowledge of special diets and supplements
- Help with lifelong healthier eating behaviors
- Reduce risk of recurrence
Make An Appointment
Appointments for nutrition counseling are available Monday through Friday, free of charge to:
- Patients currently in cancer treatment at the Cancer Center clinic (i.e. radiation or chemotherapy)
- Former patients who are within one year of their last cancer treatment
To make an appointment, call 650-962-4591. Self-referrals for nutrition counseling are welcomed; please talk with your health care providers about your interest and participation.