HICAP Health Insurance Counseling for Seniors
The Health Library & Resource Center at El Camino Hospital provides health insurance counseling in order to answer questions and concerns about Medicare, medical bills or insurance coverage. Our counselors offer personalized appointments to help seniors make choices concerning their health insurance needs.
Health insurance counseling is available through the efforts of trained volunteers of the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP). HICAP is a program provided through the Council on Aging Silicon Valley.
Our counselors can help you with:
To schedule an appointment for your free health insurance consultation please call the Health Library & Resource Center at 650-940-7210.
- Information about Medicare A & B and Medi-Cal
- Explanations and comparisons of Medicare supplemental and long-term care insurance policies
- Reviews of your insurance benefits and rights, and advice on how to appeal denials of coverage
- Completing claims and appeals
- Understanding your hospital bill or doctor bills.
Appointment scheduling for this service is provided by the Health Library & Resource Center, which is located at:
El Camino Hospital
Main Building, First Floor
2500 Grant Road
Mountain View, CA 94040
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.