Locations: Los Gatos and Mountain View
The volunteer serves in one of several locations to help make the family and visitors welcome by being warm, respectful and attuned to their situations. The volunteer provides information, friendly assistance and comfort, and may act as liaison with a patient in a nearby medical unit.
- Mature, caring and dependable, with good communication skills.
- Must be able to stand/walk for three to four hours.
- Must be able to work unsupervised, multi-task, and relate tactfully to patients, their family and/or friends, as well as the medical staff.
For any of the following locations:
- Endoscopy Liaison (Old Main Hospital, MV)
- Intensive Care Waiting Room (LG)
- Critical Care Waiting Room (New Main Hospital, 3rd Floor, MV)
- Shared Family Waiting Room (New Main Hospital, 4th Floor, MV)
The volunteer’s main responsibility is to help make family and visitors more comfortable and less stressed as they await the opportunity to visit with their patient in a nearby medical unit. Thus, you would try to be warm, respectful and attuned to their feelings. You would pay special attention to children, making use of TV/video, books and coloring materials. Your duties include maintaining a clean, tidy waiting area.
Endoscopy Liaison in MV: You would also greet patients and family and act as liaison between physicians and patients and family.