Special Notice: Farmer's Market Holiday Closures
Please note the weekly farmer's market will be closed on the following dates in observance of the holidays:
- Friday, December 26, 2014
- Friday, January 2, 2015
All other Friday's during the holiday season the market will be open from 10 am- 2 pm, weather permitting. The market is held in the parking lot east of our emergency entrance. Parking is available in lots A and B, located in front of the hospital along Grant Road.
Maps & Directions
Market Specials: Autumn
Fall harvests many fresh produce that make delicious and healthy meals for you and your entire family. To gain multiple health benefits this season, try brussels sprouts to boost your body’s cancer prevention components. As a cruciferous vegetable, brussels sprouts help the body’s detox system, boost antioxidants, and aid the body’s anti-inflammatory system. This super food also contains cholesterol lowering benefits, digestive support and heart healthy nutrients.
For a healthy and delicious dish, try Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce or Chef Jacques' Harvest Garden & Lentil Vegetable Soup listed below:
Harvest Garden & Lentil Vegetable Soup
Yield 1 gallon
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
3 ounce Olive oil
1 pound Italian eggplant, medium diced
1/4 pound Sweet Potato (or yam)
2 cups Onion, medium dice
1 cup Zucchini, medium diced
1 cup Carrot, small dice
1 cup Celery small dice
4 ounces Mushrooms, fresh sliced
3 quarts Broth (low sodium vegetable stock or chicken stock)
2 cups Tomatoes, diced
4 ounces Lentils
6 oz. Kale, plain chopped
10 oz. Cabbage, chopped
½ bunch Parsley, chopped
1. Combine 2 ounces olive oil, eggplant, sweet potato, and onions, toss until all are well coated. Roast in oven at 425°F for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are browned.
2. Add to a 6 quart pot the remaining olive oil, garlic, zucchini, carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the broth.
3. Add roasted vegetables, tomatoes and lentils bring to a simmer. Continue to cook until all of the vegetables and lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Add kale, cabbage bring back to boil, serve and top with chopped parsley.