In the spirit of the El Camino Hospital mission to improve the health and well being of our community, the El Camino Hospital Speakers Bureau is a free community service. Our healthcare professionals are available to speak at local community events. To ensure that both the audience and the speaker have the best possible experience, we require:
- One-month advance request required (see form below).
- At least 20 participants must be guaranteed to attend each event.
- Speaking event must be scheduled to begin between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. No weekend events.
- Speakers must be provided with a contact within your organization on the day of the event to greet and introduce the speaker.
- The organization's event venue, for which the speaker is being requested, must fall geographically within Santa Clara County.
Because of limited resources, we can not extend this service to providing speakers for health fairs. Speakers may not receive compensation or sell products or services at the event.
- Anterior hip replacement
- Common knee injuries
- Knee replacement: Fact and fiction
- Stroke 911: Treatment and prevention
- Can food affect my mood?
- Dangers of obesity
- Dietary habits for building stronger bones
- Eating well for diabetics
- Heart healthy eating
- Is a vegetarian diet right for me?
- Nutrition – the benefits of the food pyramid
- Safety in the home
Information and resources
- The importance of advance health care directives
- Caring for the caregiver
- Caring for your aging parents - Are you ready?
- Community resources for eldercare
- Eldercare planning
- End of life care: What to expect, what to do
- Finding health information you can trust
- Senior Health Center
Request a speaker
To request a speaker please complete our speaker's request form.
For more information call 650-988-7419 or e-mail: Speaker@elcaminohospital.org.