Pregnancy and Postpartum Resiliency Circle is a 6 week class series being offered to pregnant women and mothers of infants. The classes focus on building resilience and coping skills for women who may be experiencing high levels of stress or are concerned about developing postpartum depression.
Women who would benefit from this program might be those who have experienced:
- Personal/family history of depression or anxiety
- Fertility issues
- Stress over the health of baby or mother
- High risk pregnancies
- Previous pregnancy losses
- Difficult previous birthing experience
- Marital conflict
- Isolation and lack of support
- History of trauma
This unique class will focus on the wellness of the mother. Some of the following topics will be explored:
- Understanding the emotional changes of pregnancy and life with a newborn
- Practice and learn skills to enhance coping techniques and address stress in a healthy manner
- How to communicate effectively with your support system
- Strengthening the couple’s relationship
- Enhancing mother-baby attachment
- Strategies to increase confidence for birthing and beyond
- Discussion of: Identity shift, relationship issues, sexuality and body image
The class will be facilitated by Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Dolat Bolandi.
Babies in laps welcome to attend.
Classes meet every Wednesday, from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., for six weeks and topics will repeat. Participants may join at anytime.
To register or for more information please call 650-962-5745.
One-time $25 suggested donation used for materials and snacks
El Camino Hospital - Los Gatos
825 Pollard Ave, Suite 201
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Maps & Directions