Health Library & Resource Center presents a book signing:
Living Beyond Expectations - By Dr. William Buchholz
- 4:30 p.m. Welcome
- 5:00 p.m. Dr. Buchholz will lead a brief discussion and book signing
- Ongoing: Demonstrations on how to access medical and consumer health information
- Mini tours of the library’s resources
- Light Refreshments will be served.
- Free Health Library and HealthPerks memberships for all attendees.
About the Author:Dr. William Buchholz
was educated at Harvard and Stanford. He has practiced internal medicine, oncology and hematology in the Bay Area since 1978. He is a consultant to many organizations including the Commonweal Cancer Help Program in Bolinas and the Breast Cancer Connection in Palo Alto. He has published widely in both the scientific and popular press, including articles in JAMA and Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul. His articles on HOPE have been quoted by Norman Cousins and used in medical schools to train new physicians. He has lectured both locally and internationally on topics including Holistic Health, the Successful Cancer Patient and Cancer Survivorship. His first book, LIVE LONGER, LIVE LARGER: A Holistic Approach For Cancer Patients and Families, co-authored by his wife, Dr. Susan W. Buchholz, Ph.D. shows patients how to make decisions that give them live both longer and more enjoyable lives. For more information visit the Buchholz Medical Group